- About SWEPCO
- Application Information
- Join Our Team
- Contact Us
We are proud to state that Southwestern Petroleum Corporation is fully compliant with REACH regulations having fully and successfully registered.
What is REACH?
Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is a European Union Regulation that addresses the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment.
REACH is designed to achieve the following:
- Registration of basic information on chemical substances submitted by companies to a central database
- Evaluation of the registered information to determine hazards and risks
- Authorisation requirements imposed on the use of high-concern substances
- Restriction of a substance’s use if it poses an unacceptable risk to health or the environment
In achieving these objectives, REACH hopes to have these positive affects:
- To protect human health and the environment from the use of chemicals
- To make European manufacturers and importers responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with the chemicals they place on the EU market
- To allow the free movement of substances on the EU market
- To enhance innovation and competition in the EU chemicals industry
- To promote the use of alternative methods for assessing hazardous properties of substances